Owing to the continued growth of BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, we are now recruiting new Editorial Board Members to join our international community of experts.
We encourage applications from researchers with a musculoskeletal background in a range of subject areas, broadly covered by the below:
- Musculoskeletal imaging
- Finite element analysis methods
- Immunity and inflammation
- Qualitative research
- Disc degernation
- Bone tumors
- Femoral fractures
BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders scope and ethos
BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal disorders, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
The scope of the Journal covers research into rheumatic diseases where the primary focus relates specifically to a component(s) of the musculoskeletal system.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
- have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
A suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders is someone who:
- supports the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and is a committed advocate who will represent BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders within the scientific community;
- provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer review.
Role and responsibilities
An Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Members for BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader field of expertise.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Members will report to the Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders and meet the criteria above, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.