|Changing uncertainty and expectations||
- How can we deal with the uncertainty about what can be done for knee pain (patients and professionals)?|
- How can we overcome the problems of poor expectations in relation to knee pain in society?
- How to shift societal expectations?
|Defining effective interventions||
- How to build issues into daily life. This needs studies to make initiatives more appropriate to people|
- Testing multi-agency working
- Long term research required
- Why aren't GPs or other health care professionals giving lifestyle advice?
|Evaluate public health interventions||
- Evaluate the results of media and dissemination of research messages. For example, evaluate the outcome of delivering hard hitting messages on behaviour change|
- Develop community interventions, which need to be free of charge
|Implementation||- How can we get more evidence into practice?|
- Studies with key groups, like children, younger adults, parents.|
- What do key groups know about knee pain and the musculoskeletal health?
- Do they know of the impact of risk factors for themselves or their children?